Monday, April 11, 2011

Energizing Breakfast Juice

We have a new cookbook -- River Cottage Every Day. It's all about "rustic" recipes using local and in-season produce. OK, so maybe using bananas violates the local bit, but just try living in Vermont and getting local, in-season produce when there's still snow on the ground! Anyway, the recipe for this juice comes from that book, though I didn't have everything it called for and I increased the amount of parsley (his recipe also calls for using 1" fresh peeled ginger root and maybe something else I've forgotten).

I'm not sure the parsley did anything when put through the juicer -- so next time I tried blending it with the banana instead of juicing it. This definitely gave it a stronger parsley taste. I like it either way.



Ingredients

1 apple
1 pear
1 carrot
2 celery stalks
4 sprigs parsley
1 banana

Directions
Put everything but the banana in a juicer. Then blend the banana in separately. For a drink that's more of a smoothie, and extra nutrients, juice the carrot and celery stalks and then put everything in a blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment